Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Not Exactly a Man of Vision

My family and I went to dinner at Fuddrucker's yesterday, and I was having issues. My glasses were dirty and using my shirt-tail was only making it worse. So I decided to go to the restroom and use soap and water - that always works.

With glasses in hand, I walked in to the restroom and began cleaning. It was a few seconds later that I heard a stall door open and heard a small gasp. The woman looked at me and apologized, "I'm sorry, I didn't notice this was the men's room."
I replied, "No ma'am, I just couldn't see the sign on the door. I'm the one in the wrong place. I apologize."

My wife and kids had watched me walk in to the ladies' room, but none of them bothered to get me out of there. So we all had a good laugh - at my expense.