Saturday, August 13, 2005

Back to School

The kids are back in school and college classes resume soon.

I was looking at the classes available for the coming semester and I got a bit pissed. There are several classes I would love to take this semester, but they weren't offered in the past and I don't have time for them now. Figures.

I got one of my textbooks in the mail today. I took a quick skim through it - I guess it ain't bad. It covers a bit more GIS history than I really needed to be reading about. I've been going over the same things in GIS history for a few years now. I don't see what we have to learn from its history - except for the mistakes and successes. I take the time to learn it any way - I try to be a good student.

Three classes this semester and that's it. Graduate. Let's hope I can pull off as much project creation and management as I have in the past. Otherwise, I'll be watching my GPA slip away. Project creation and porject management are the only things that have kept my GPA up so far - test grades may not go my way, but I perform excellent with real projects.

I guess I need to talk to my lead professor soon. He said something about trying to get me a job by the time I graduate. We'll see how that goes. Well - I hope.