Thursday, September 22, 2005

Job Offer

I got a phone call a couple of days ago. This guy was offering me a job. WOW! How much and when do I start? Well, that was my first thought (duration: 3 nanoseconds).
So he continues telling me about the job: A GIS company in Knoxville needing people to travel back and forth between Knoxville and New Orleans. They're remapping the N.O. area, so about half of the job will include travel.

Hey, if I were single with no children and I weren't currently attending college classes... I would jump on it. But as it sits, I must decline. I was busy trying to think of a way that I could accept the job and didn't catch how much the pay was. Maybe he didn't even say - I don't know.

Since I had received an e-mail from him prior to his phone call, he asked if I could pass the info along, if I knew anyone that may be interested and is qualified. So I decided to forward the e-mail to Funk-E, my guest blogger. Obviously he's not exactly hurting for a job, but in TN the cost of living compared to the wages paid is a bit more in favor of us (depending on where you work and what you do).

In an almost unrelated area of personal interest. I have a quiz tonight in my database class. The professor wants to see if we can organize a crappy txt file into a first order normal form database format. No problem. I think I'll sleep through class tonight. Oh! Remind me to get my disk back from the professor tonight.