Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Look Back and Smile

My wife and I took my older daughter ice skating. They skated... I sat on my ass (to avoid falling on it). I was writing in my iPAQ and not doing much of anything most of the time we were there.

My wife was finished, so she came to sit with me and watch our daughter zip around the rink. We sat there peacefully. She put her legs across mine, as I put my arm around her to keep her warm. Aww... cuddle-bunnies.

THUMP! Hahahaha! This very tall guy that had nearly fallen on my wife earlier, just busted ass. Or should I say: head. All 6+ ft of him came crashing down on his back and slammed his head into the ice. OUCH!
He was out like a light.

A small group of people gathered around to help him, but he wouldn't stay awake. Like Mike Tyson just clocked him in the chin. 9-1-1.

Paramedics got there. The guy was ok. A bit shaken and wobbly, but he's ok. I couldn't help my laughter - honestly.

My daughter said, "Would you laugh if it were you?"
"Not immediately," I said, "but someday this guy will look back on today, and he will see it as a funny story for his friends and family. Atleast, I know I will."