Friday, January 06, 2006

The Waiting Game

I while back I went to a job interview (my first since completing college). I am happy to say that it went well. That doesn't mean I got a job - yet.
 
Here's what that means:
I had a good time and felt like I made a good impression.
The interviewers sent me an e-mail letting me know that they thought it went well - in my favor.
The interviewers were attempting to contact the main office in Florida - to schedule another interview (to fly me to FL).
The interviewers said they'd contact me the first or second week in January - to let me know where I stand.
 
I sent a "Thank you" letter to my interviewers when I got home - trying to do the right thing (I still have a slight brown stain on my nose).
I spoke with my former lead professor - he is now writing me a letter of recommendation.
I drank beer.
 
Now I'm waiting. Feeling the pressure build.
Some family members - and others - have the confidence that I already have the job... they've been telling everyone they know, I'm getting the job.
So what happens if I don't get it? I'll feel like an ass.
 
I'll follow Funk-E's advice for the next interview: don't say anything to any one.