Monday, May 01, 2006

In a State of Pain

Thursday night, at work, I was lifting a very light box, and a sudden twinge of pain shot from my lower-back to my left knee. I'm well aware of company policies regarding injuries, so I waited a moment - to see if it would go away - then I called my manager. He spoke to me like I hurt myself on purpose.

After filling out the paper work, my manager asked if I needed to go to the doctor, and if I would have gone to the doctor if the accident happened at home. Well, I didn't want to go to the doctor (the only doctor available at that time of morning is the ER), but I knew I had better go - just to make sure I was covered in the event of later complications.

I could barely stand the pain of sitting, so I stood in the ER for about 4 hours (in one place). I have been taking my muscle relaxers and pain killers, but it seems the pain wants to travel down my left leg. Ahh... Not as young as I once was.

My wife says it's 3rd shift that's doing this to me. I say it's just my luck.
As usual, the drugs make me a bit more opinionated. Or maybe they just make me want to express myself more. At any rate, I'm pissed about a great many things right now. Perhaps I'll share them in the future, but I'm tired of bitching. My next few posts will be bitch-session-free.

Oh yeah - I had two interviews. Not enough $$. Turned them down.